ABOUT Christine McCormack
I have been a psychotherapist since 2007 and through my life I have been dedicated to life long learning with more than 10 years of my life dedicated to education. I have been relentlessly searching for understanding about the big questions in life, the mysteries still unanswered. I always wanted to show my 3 children that following dreams and live a life with meaning and purpose was their priority. They are all grown now and I have two grandchildren. I had a difficult early life that informs my compassion for others. My long loving marriage, good friends and family, and personal passion as an artist fuels my life. I share this life of love and learning.I share my art on this website for you.
I began my career as a social service worker in my early 20s, obtained my psychology undergraduate degree, then decided to obtain my masters degree in counselling at Wilfrid Laurier University. The majority of my work and all those years were focused on mental health. And as the years passed became aware that my skills lay in the ability to assist individuals through psychotherapy. I work now with adult individuals to provide an integrated approach that is based on your needs. My practice is inclusive diverse and is consisting of people who seek help with such difficult life experiences as grief separation relationship issues, family problems, depression anxiety and traumatic stress. My experience as a psychotherapist has led me to a firm belief in the resiliency of the human spirit as well as a profound respect for the adaptability of the human mind. I enjoy my work immensely in feel privileged to be working with the people who come and see me.
Private Practice Psychotherapist
Meaning Centered Therapy
- Health Center EAP and Disabilities Treatment program as a contract affiliate for mental health treatment, conducting Critical Incident Stress Management
- Trauma Treatment, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT, Narrative, Brief therapy, Grief therapy
- Private Contract with Family and Children’s’ Services (F&CS) to provide a 24 week Emotional Regulations Trauma Recovery program including private counseling to mothers receiving services through F&CS
- Providing Critical Incident Stress Debrief onsite services with EAP workplaces who experience crisis
- Providing Supervision and critical incident debriefing to staff at Community Health Center with a contract to provide supervision and counseling as required for staff members not currently covered under a benefit program.
Mental Health Therapist
Community Health Center
Crisis Worker and Mental Health Therapist
Canadian Mental Health Association
ODSP and Ontario Works Worker
- Member of the Ontario College of Registered Psychotherapist
- Canadian Logotherapy instituteOttawa Ontario Diplomat Certification
- Wilfrid Laurier University Waterloo Ontario
- MTs Counseling- Master Degree
- Ontario College of Art and Design Toronto Ontario
- Foundation Fine Arts
- University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario
- Psychology Degree
- Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Social Service Worker Diploma
Working especially with women throughout their life cycle particularly addressing experiences of preparing to become pregnant, becoming a mother, parenting, understanding the changing self, understanding our own mothers, menopause, and caring for our own aging parents, grief and loss.
- Member of the Ontario Association of Registered Psychotherapist
- Member of PACCCP
- Member of the Canadian Logotherapy Association
- Past member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers