I am happy to offer consultation to mental health practitioners. I have been an actively been trained in Critical Incident Debriefing, Suicide Crisis Intervention, and Mental health over the past 25 years and have experience supervising MSW students in their work placements.
I employ an attachment perspective and work within a relational, psychodynamic framework. Treatment is trauma-informed and my area of expertise lies in the treatment of dissociation and dissociative disorders. My understanding of the neurobiological underpinnings of trauma and dissociation allows for an integrated approach to treatment that focuses on the body/mind/brain connection.
Please contact me to find out more about my psychotherapy consultation services.
Below are a number of resources I have found quite invaluable in my work.
- Bray Haddock, D. (2001) The Dissociative Identity Disorder Sourcebook. New York NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Bromberg, P. (1998) Standing in the Spaces. Hillsdale, NJ: The Analytic Press, Inc.
- Bromberg, P. (2011) The Shadow of the Tsunami: and the Growth of the Relational Mind. New York, NY: Routledge
- Howell, E. (2005) The Dissociative Mind. Hillsdale, NJ: The Analytic Press, Inc.
- Howell, E. (2011) Understanding and Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Messler Davies, J., Frawley, M. (1994) Treating the Adult Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Schwartz, H. (2000) Dialogues with Forgotten Voices. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Steinberg, M., Schnall, M. (2001) The Stranger In The Mirror. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc.
- Van der Hart, O., Nijenhuis, E., Steele, K. (2006) The Haunted Self. New York, NY: WW Norton and Company, Inc.
- Chu, J. (1998) Rebuilding Shattered Lives. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Dolan, Y. (1991) Resolving Sexual Abuse. New York, NY: WW Norton and Company, Inc.
- Ogden, P., Minton, K., Pain, C. (2006) Trauma and the Body. New York, NY: WW Norton and Company, Inc.
- Rothschild, B. (2000) The Body Remembers. New York, NY: WW Norton and Company, Inc.
- Naparstek, B. (2004) Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal. New York, NY: Random House, Inc.
- Salter, A. (2003) Predators. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Terr, L. (1990) Too Scared to Cry. New York, NY: Basic Books.