A comprehensive list of services can be found at 211 Ontario

Community Resources in Guelph


Help Lines Contact
Here 24 Seven – Distress, crisis, addictions and mental health line 1-844-437-3247 (HERE 247)

Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
Poison Information Line 1-800-268-9017
Women in Crisis 24 hrs. 1-800-265-7233 (24 hrs.)
211 Ontario
Referral to community and social services
Bereavement Coping Centre 1-877-554-4498
Infant and Toddler Safety Association
Printed material, education, workshops re: infant/child safety
Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
KIDS LINE – Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health

  • Growing Great Kids
  • Planning ahead for pregnancy
  • Pregnancy
  • Breastfeeding
  • Infant and child health
  • Parenting
  • Help in your community
  • Public Health programs
1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616
Motherisk Help Line – Hotline of Sick Children’s Hospital re: safety of medications while breastfeeding

Morning sickness
Alcohol & substance
HIV and HIV treatment

Transport Canada Child Restraint Information Line 1-800-333-0371
Food  & Shelter Contact
Guelph Food Bank 519-767-1380
County of Wellington Housing Help 1-800-663-0750
Community Supports Contacts
Let’s Grow Together Program
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
519-837-1470 ext. 232
Community Alcohol and Drug Services
Homewood Health Centre
Community Care Access Centre of Wellington-Dufferin 519-941-4133
Trellis Mental Health and Developmental Services 1-800-471-1732
Family and Children’s Services 519-824-2410/1-800-265-8300
Couple and Family Therapy Centre
University of Guelph
519-824-4120 ext. 56335
Family Counselling and Support Services
of Wellington-Guelph
KidsAbility Centre for Child Development 519-780-0186
KIDS LINE 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616
Dental Services – Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health

Children in Need of Treatment CINOT

This program is for children who have dental pain, infection, large cavities, bleeding gums, or mouth injury.

To qualify for CINOT:

  • Children must be ages 0-17
  • You don’t have dental insurance
  • You don’t receive OW/ODSP
  • The cost of dental treatment would result in financial hardship
  • You can’t pay for your child to go to the dentist

Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO)

This is a free program for children who need routine dental care and don’t have any form of dental coverage.

To qualify for HSO:

  • Child must be 17 or younger
  • Child must be a resident of Ontario
  • Your Adjusted Family Net Income (after tax and deductions) for a year is $20,000 or less
  • You don’t have any form of dental coverage (including Ontario Works)
1-800-265-7293 ext. 2611
Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program 1-800-265-7293
Ontario Early Years Centre
Main Site
Satellite location
LEAP (Learning, Earning and Parenting) 519-837-2670
Multiple Births Guelph Wellington 519-829-5337
TAPPS (Teenage Parenting Program YMCA/YWCA) 519-821-3900
Wee Talk Preschool Speech & Language Services  – Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health

Free speech and language services for preschool children and their parents or caregivers. Call directly for referral – no physician referral needed.

Wellington County Child Care Services 519-837-3620 ext. 380
Sexual Health Clinics (confidential)
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
All locations: 1-800-265-7293
Other Services Contact
Canadian Mental Health Association 519-766-4450
Revenue Canada Canadian Child Tax Benefit 1-800-387-1193
Guelph Community Information 519-821-0632
Ontario Child Care Supplement for Working Families 1-800-263-7965
Ministry of Community and Social Services 519-822-7500/
Ontario Works 1-800-265-7294/519-837-2671
Employment Resource Centre 519-823-7887
Health Canada
Hospitals Contact
Guelph General Hospital 519-822-5350