The following is a list of some of the books, therapy resources and websites I have found helpful. Most of the books include an appendix of further resources.
Books by Viktor Frankl
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- The Will to Meaning: Foundations and Applications of Logotherapy
- The Doctor and the Soul: From Psychotherapy to Logotherapy
- Psychotherapy and Existentialism: Selected Papers on Logotherapy
- Man’s Search for Ultimate Meaning
- The Unheard Cry for Meaning
- The Unconscious God
- On the Theory and Therapy of Mental Disorders
- The Feeling of Meaninglessness
- Recollections: An autobiography
Books on Frankl
- Elizabeth Lukas: Logotherapy Textbook: Meaning-centered Psychotherapy
- Teria Shantall: The Quest for Destiny: A Logotherapeutic guide to meaning-centred living, therapy and counseling
- Elizabeth Lukas: Meaning in Suffering: Comfort in Crisis Through Logotherapy
- Elizabeth Lukas: Meaningful Living: A Logotherapeutic Guide to Health
- Ann Graber, Viktor Frankl’s Logotherapy
- Maria Marshall, Logotherapy Revisited
- Joseph Fabry: The Pursuit of Meaning: Viktor Frankl, Logotherapy, and Life
- James Crumbaugh, Everything to Gain: a guide to self-fulfillment through Logoanalysis
- Teria Shantall: Life’s Meaning in the Face of Suffering
- Pauul Wong: The Human Quest for Meaning: A Handbook of Psychological Research and Clinical Applications
- A Workbook to Increase Your Meaningful and Purposeful Goals, Robert Hutzell
- Beyond self-actualization and self-expression. Journal of Existential Psychiatry, 1, 1-17
- Logotherapy and Existential Analyses: A review. American Journal of Psychotherapy, XX, 252-260
- Self-transcendence as a human phenomena. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, VI(2), 97-104
- Doidge, N. (2007) The Brain That Changes Itself. New York, NY: Penguin Books.
- Levine, P. (1997) Waking the tiger: Healing trauma. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books.
- Levine, P. (2008) Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body (With CD). Boulder, CO: Sounds True, Inc.
- Levine, P., Kline, M. (2008) Trauma-Proofing Your Kids. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books.
- Levine, P. (2010) In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books.
- Siegel, D. (2003) Parenting from the Inside Out. New York, NY: TArcher/Penguin
- Siegel, D. (2010) mindsight. New York, NY: Bantam Books.
- ATW (2005) Got Parts? An Insider’s Guide to Managing Life Successfully with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Ann Arbor, MI: Loving Healing Press
- Bray Haddock, D. (2001) The dissociative identity disorder sourcebook. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Napier, N. (1993) Getting Through The Day: strategies for Adults Hurt as Children. New York, NY: WW Norton and Company Inc.
- Fay, D. (2007) Becoming Safely Embodied Skills Manual. Somerville, MA: Heart Full Life Publishing.
- Haines, S. (1999) The Survivor’s Guide to Sex. San Francisco, CA: Cleis Press, Inc.
- Lewis Herman, J. (1992) Trauma and Recovery. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Naparstek, B. (2004) Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal. New York, NY: Random House, Inc.
Daniel Siegel’s site – links to resources, videos, meditations, etc.
Links to meditations, resources
Information about Dissociative Disorders
Somatic Experiencing® website
Excellent resource for scholarly papers on trauma